Sunday, February 17, 2008

Resolutions Destroyed by Winter Storm

Last Saturday when I blogged on here, I resolved firmly (I thought) to get back on schedule and blog on Wednesday night like I originally planned. What I did not count on was having a winter ice storm hit Monday night which resulted in our electricity going off at 2 a.m. on Tuesday. Even then I assumed we would be back on by nightfall. That afternoon Gerald hooked up our two gas fireplaces that had not been on for two years--just in case. Good thing he did. Our electricity did not go on until almost noon on Friday. Since our brother Garry and some folks in Lick Creek still do not have power, I am not complaining. I am grateful.

I hope to blog on schedule on AmazonConnect tonight and on here on Wednesday--if the ice does not come, the creeks don't rise, and the power stays on. See you then.

No comments: