Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More Softball Heroines

I had meant to talk about Myra Branch in my previous blog about UGA softball.  Not only has it been fun to watch this fast-running senior  play great softball, I have found out about her inspiring success off the field.  How any student accomplished this must public service and played ball at the same time is amazing.  I hope you enjoy reading about her as much as I did.  Check this out:  http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/050613aaa.html.

Also I just saw this story that my son shared on Facebook.  Again some things are far more important than winning.  Read this story about a remarkable young lady--Rachele Fico.

Here is Gerry's Facebook comment and the link: Great article about a father and his daughter. A amazing player and more importantly, person is Rachele Fico! I also think I will make a note to remember that a player may have more than just simply softball going on in their life. I was able to meet and talk with Rachele this past summer on several occasions and she is quite an amazing person. Also, she is a bright reflection of the man that Ray Fico was. RIP Ray

No comments: